- We have been training individuals who have disabilities for work in the food service industry since 2016.
- Students have the opportunity to progress through different levels of food safety: ServSafe Food Handler, ServSafe Allergens, ServSafe COVID-19, and ServSafe Food Manager
- They also learn basic culinary skills including safe knife-handling, cooking, baking, menu creation, culinary and restaurant math
- Customer service skills: serving, cashiering, managing phone orders, handling customer complaints
- Students get to work all aspects of the coffee shop and restaurant
- Intensive soft-skills training - communication, time-management, conflict resolution, disability management
- Students go through an interview process in order to participate in the program
- A variety of programs are available, from basic employability skills, to job experience practice to cook, barista and kitchen management